IMSI/Design Releases New DesignCAD 3D MAX 2016
[ Print View ]Comments
New SketchUp Import, Insert Manager, and Custom Properties Top List of Enhancements
NOVATO, CA–(Marketwired – August 02, 2016) – IMSI®/Design, the developer of TurboCAD, #1 best-selling CAD in retail, today announced its latest upgrade to DesignCAD 3D MAX.
“New DesignCAD 3D MAX 2016 offers better performance and greatly improved management of blocks, images, and symbols,” stated Bob Mayer, President of IMSI/Design. “Plus, the new SketchUp file import and updated AutoCAD® file filters more firmly establishes DesignCAD as a great companion design product,” added Mayer.
DesignCAD 3D MAX 2016 new and improved features include:
- New SketchUp Import — Now users can both import and export drawings to/from the .SKP format for use with SketchUp version 3.0 to 2015.
- New Insert Manager — Quickly review and manage all blocks, symbols, and image files referenced or embedded in a drawing. Get a visual list of all blocks present in a drawing and easily access and edit block information more quickly and easily than ever before. Do the same with images and symbols.
- New Custom Properties — Add custom properties to drawings and to drawing entities. View and edit manually by means of a Custom Properties dialog, or processed by code via BasicCAD macros or OLE Automation programs.
- New Flicker-Free GDI Draw — New option uses special optimizations to speed up the draw of wide lines in GDI wireframe views.
- Improved AutoCAD DWG/DXF File Interoperability and more — Continued improvements and bug fixes have been added and/or corrected for smooth file sharing with .DWG and .DXF file formats.
- Improved Programmability — BasicCAD Additions for Custom Properties, including ADDPROPERTY, GETPROPERTY, SETPROPERTY, GETPROPERTYINDEX, DELETEPROPERTY, Sys () Functions, and OLE Automation Classes, Methods, and Properties. This version also includes BasicCAD additions for importing and exporting SketchUP, STL, and OBJ files.
Availability and Pricing
DesignCAD 3D MAX 2016 has an SRP of $99.99 and is now available from the IMSI/Design company website — www.TurboCAD.com. Upgrades are available to owners of version 18 to 25 for $49.99.
For more information, please visit www.TurboCAD.com or call 1.800.833.8082 (+1.415.483.8000).
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DesignCAD™, TurboFloorPlan™ , and TurboSite® families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop.
IMSI/Design – TurboCAD Design Group64 Digital Drive, Suite 200
Novato, CA, 94949
Share and Enjoy: