Supported Autodesk Products: Autodesk Motion Builder, Autodesk Maya & Autodesk 3ds Max
Other Supported Autodesk Products: AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Revit Series, Navisworks Series, Autodesk Design Review (DWF)
Compatible/Supported Operating Systems: All current versions of Microsoft Windows.
Languages Supported: English
Since the original releases of 3ds Max and Maya, Okino’s PolyTrans-for-3dsMax and PolyTrans-for-Maya have provided the defacto conversion systems for 3ds Max and Maya (Windows) that allows them to freely exchange complete 3D scene data with virtually any other 3D software package or file format, such as CINEMA 4D, LightWave, Houdini, Autodesk Inventor, CATIA v4 + v5, COLLADA, DirectX, DXF/DWG, FBX, IGES, JT, Microstation DGN, OpenFlight, Parasolid, PDB,ProE/Creo, Rhino, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, SketchUp, STEP, U3D, VRML, XAML, X3D and just about every other major 3D file format. The complete list of supported file formats is athttp://www.okino.com/conv/filefrmt.htm.Resulting translated files are ‘Render Ready’ meaning that they can be loaded and rendered in the destination program with little or no changes necessary. The translation process accommodates polygonal meshes, trimmed NURBS, skinning, hierarchy, vertex normals/colors/texture-coordinates, material and texture mapping parameters, lights, cameras, animation conversion and automatic 2D bitmap conversion.
Most importantly, Okino does not use reverse engineered CAD modules as is done by others, but rather licenses, utilizes and/or accesses the industry standard CAD geometry engines from Autodesk, Dassault Systemes (CATIA), PTC (ProE/Creo), Solid Edge, SolidWorks, Spatial (ACIS solids engine), Siemens (JT Open toolkit) and others.
Please refer to http://www.okino.com/conv/pt4maya.htm
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The absolute most robust, efficient and highest quality 3D production-proven converters for 3ds Max and Maya.The absolute most robust, efficient and highest quality 3D production-proven converters for 3ds Max and Maya.
- The mirror twin PolyTrans-for-3ds-Max and PolyTrans-for-Maya plug-in systems form the most technically accurate and robust bi-directional conversion system between 3ds Max and Maya.
- Tight integration into 3ds Max’s and Maya’s core scene graph allows all conversions to be performed from within the user interface of 3ds Max or Maya. Stand-alone version for all other conversion tasks.
HP-9 Compressor (c) 2017 Ed Steinerts, Gardner Denver Nash
- Okino pioneered the process and methods of animation cross conversions! 3ds Max, Maya, COLLADA, DirectX, FBX, LightWave, VRML2/X3D, U3D, XAML and more. Very robust and well refined.
- 30 years of very strong CAD file support: ACIS, Autodesk Inventor, CATIA v4 & v5, DGN, DWF, DXF/DWG, IGES, JT, Parasolid, ProE/Creo, Rhino, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, STEP, STL, U3D, VRML & X3D.
- Proper conversion of skeletons and bones between 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, DirectX, FBX, CINEMA 4D, COLLADA, U3D, DirectX & other DCC formats. See www.okino.com/conv/skinning.htm
- The “go to” tool for 80-98% reduction of CAD models for VR/AR in Unity, Unreal Engine, Microsoft HoloLens, Oculus Rift, HTC VIVE and under-powered tablet devices.
- Access to robust polygon processing tools which can take impossible-to-render datasets and turn them into renderable models (auto-weld, auto-unification, reorientation of normals, polygon reduction).
- Okino provides excellent, hands-on and personal tech support, for free, with each software package. We know 3D graphics and data translation inside-out!
US$395 to US$795 and up with optional add-on.