NEXUS 2.0 : CAD Software for Roadway Intersection Design and Planning
Supported Autodesk Products: AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD 2011, AutoCAD 2012, AutoCAD 2013, AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD 2015, AutoCAD 2016, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015
Compatible / Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Windows Server, 2003, 2008, 2012
Supported Languages: English
NEXUS is the premier intersection design solution for new construction and rehabilitation projects offering vehicle operations, geometric design, and safety performances together in one comprehensive package.
THE FASTEST, MOST EFFICIENT WAY FOR DESIGNING ROADWAY INTERSECTIONS.
NEXUS was developed to give transportation engineers a software tool that greatly assists in the creation of intersection geometrics and channelization details based on operational needs and vehicle swept path. With the patent pending Vehicle Envelope Method of design, NEXUS incorporates all the key elements in the intersection design process including design vehicles, capacity conditions, sightlines, conflict points, and conceptual grading – providing instant feedback so engineers can quickly and easily produce highly effective and safety oriented intersection layouts.
CONNECTING ENGINEERING PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY.
NEXUS allows engineers to monitor and evaluate the performance of the entire intersection design as real-time changes are made. The key benefit to the user is the speed of generating the geometry and surface drainage in a single and efficient tool. In addition, the extensive editing functions make design refinements quickly and easily.
Features & Benefits
- Visualize different design alternatives faster by working with a set of over 450 predefined leg templates for a specific project.
- Generate Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® surfaces, vertical, and horizontal alignments. Civil 3D® objects (such as corridors) are updated dynamically using the NEXUS grading model.
- Generate intersection layouts with pavement markings and edges using methods including: defining the lane configuration; importing capacity data; selecting a predefined leg template; or using an intersection template.
- Develop a grading model and establish the drainage pattern in 3D even in base CAD applications. Vertical profiles provide immediate feedback on cross slopes and alignment slopes.
- Edit and refine the basic intersection design right from the initial layout. Make changes to the alignments of legs, lanes, and lane configurations as you design.
- Initialize a design based on capacity data by updating the intersection from capacity conditions imported from HCS (Highway Capacity Software) data or other manually inputted information from other traffic analysis software.
- Determine the different conflict points in an intersection where vehicle paths cross, merge, and even diverge. From the conflict point diagram, see where potential accidents can occur to assess the safety performance of the intersection.
- Evaluate vehicle movements by displaying AutoTURN compatible design and checking vehicle simulations within a NEXUS intersection.
Support & Training
NEXUS Intersections technical support and training for are available. Call to inquire or visit the website for more information.
Where to Buy
NEXUS Intersections can be purchased directly from Transoft Solutions or through an authorized reseller. Visit the website for more details.
Transoft Solutions Inc.250 – 13575 Commerce Parkway
Richmond, BC, V6V 2L1
Share and Enjoy: