TORUS 5.0 : Roundabout Design and Planning Software
Supported Autodesk Products: AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD 2011, AutoCAD 2012, AutoCAD 2013, AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD 2015, AutoCAD 2016, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015
Compatible / Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/ Windows Server, 2003, 2008, 2012
Supported Languages: English, French, German
TORUS is technologically advanced CAD software for designing modern roundabouts based on either design vehicle tire tracking or regional design rules. TORUS redefines the way roundabouts are designed by minimizing the number of cycles in the design process while also incorporating speed, design vehicle and sight distance checks.
THE NEXT EVOLUTION IN ROUNDABOUT DESIGN
This release is focused on applying the innovative Vehicle Envelope Method(tm) for designing variations of turbo roundabouts as well as providing a new tool, Adaptive Roundabout, to check the vehicle swept paths and fastest paths for any custom designed roundabout drawn manually in CAD (including oval, non-circular, spiral roundabouts).
Features & Benefits
- Designing Turbo Roundabouts which consists of spiral circulatory lanes according to the design approach from the Netherlands. Learn how this type of roundabout can be designed to reduce conflicting vehicle paths and limit driver decisions to increase traffic safety as well as speed and capacity performances. Engineers can use a suitable design vehicle’s swept path to shape a custom truck apron. This technique is ideal for roundabout projects where a mountable truck apron is only needed along one side of the central island.
- TORUS can now generate Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® surfaces, vertical, and horizontal alignments. Civil 3D® objects (such as corridors) are updated dynamically using the easy-to-use grading model in TORUS.
- Generate area reports to check the total amount of space taken up by a new roundabout site plan. Different sections of a roundabout can be reported on including: footprint, roundabout, inscribed circle, central island, circulatory roadway, truck apron, and splitter island envelope.
- Check vehicle swept path and fastest path at any custom designed roundabouts, including circular or non-circular central islands, drawn in CAD with the new Adaptive Roundabout tool.
- Model roundabout grading with contours lines, crown alignments, and cross slopes to review drainage patterns in 3D.
- Fastest paths for a roundabout can be calculated, drawn and automatically updated based on offsets from reference geometries.
- Generate different types of sight lines including: approaches to crosswalk, yield line, and circulatory lanes.
Support & Training
Technical support and training are available. Call to inquire or visit the website for more information.
Where to Buy
Buy directly from Transoft Solutions or through an authorized reseller. Visit the website for more details on purchasing TORUS Roundabouts.
Transoft Solutions B.V. EuropeWijnstraat 96c
3011 TR Rotterdam,
tele: +31 10 258 78 78
fax: +31 10 258 78 77
Share and Enjoy: