Supported Autodesk Products: Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014, Autodesk Revit Architecture 2015, Autodesk Revit Architecture 2016, Autodesk Revit MEP 2014, Autodesk Revit MEP 2015, Autodesk Revit MEP 2016
Compatible / Supported Operating Systems: MS-Windows: 10, 8, 7
Supported Languages: English
ElumTools™ is a fully integrated lighting analysis Add-in for Autodesk® Revit®. ElumTools performs accurate point-by-point lighting calculations directly within the Revit model leveraging existing content and providing only those extra tasks necessary for the analysis of light. The calculation of lighting results requires surface geometry and properties such as reflectance and color along with luminaire locations and associated photometry. ElumTools is able to extract relevant surface information from Revit using spatial elements and detail items as calculation boundaries: Rooms, Spaces, Regions and Areas. The surface reflectance and color can be interpreted from the Revit materials properties and mapped to more suitable values if necessary. Reflectances can also be assigned in bulk using Revit Categories. Lighting fixture families already present in Revit are used by ElumTools and photometric file associations can be created if not already present. The final step in preparing the model gives the user the ability to assign point locations for the computation of illuminance (fc/lux) to any surface or workplane of interest. With these steps in place, ElumTools is ready to compute the selected geometry. Revit defined boundaries can be computed individually or as a group if they contribute light to one another. The calculation process utilizes the industry standard radiosity method and computed results are presented through a physically accurate, interactive visualization. The point-by-point illuminance results can be enabled directly in the Revit model views of your choice and all statistics are available to Revit scheduling tools for summary and inclusion in the BIM model.
Features & Benefits
- Luminaire Manager – Validate Revit lighting fixture families for accurate lighting calculations with control over source specifics. ElumTools generic families are provided.
- Layout Assistant – If lighting fixture locations are not previously located to meet lighting criterion, ElumTools can predict fixture quantity and location and place them in Revit accordingly.
- Materials Mapping – Map Revit materials to ElumTools materials for accurate reflectance and transmittance properties.
- Set Reflectance by Category – Reflectances can also be easily be assigned to all types within a Revit Category such as “Ceilings, Walls and Floors”.
- Calculation Point Placement – Place calculation point grids on Room or Space work planes, or any planar face such as walls or table tops.