NEC Display Solutions Extends Award-Winning Multisync 90-Series With 24-Inch And 26-Inch Widescreen Displays
NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi and NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi Deliver Premium Color Performance to Professional Markets
CHICAGO – January 9, 2007 – NEC Display Solutions of America, #1 best selling worldwide monitor supplier to the specialty markets in 2005*, announced the extension of its award-winning 90-series with the NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi (25.5″ VIS) and LCD2490WUXi (24.1″ VIS) wide-screen monitors. The LCD2690WUXi is the first 26-inch widescreen desktop monitor in the marketplace.
The new displays qualify as Windows Vista PREMIUM monitors and are positioned within the company’s high-end professional line. They are compatible with both of NEC’s display calibration software packages; SpectraView II and GammaComp MD (each sold separately). Featured technology includes HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) which is supported through the DVI-D connector that allows for use with HDCP equipped devices and encrypted content. Both models unveil an all new feature X-Light Pro, which utilizes the display’s internal luminance and color sensor to achieve a consistent light output level for the useful life of the display. Both models feature 1920 x 1200 native resolution (2.3 MP), and a 16:10 aspect ratio.
Poised to address the demanding medical, graphics, pre-production film, financial, and broadcast industries, the new displays use the most advanced technologies available, including in-plane switching (IPS) module technology. IPS-based modules, arguably the highest performing LCD technology available on the market, deliver unparalleled color reproduction and brightness uniformity by minimizing off-angle color shift and by producing clearer black tones in dark-colored images, as well as linear response times at all brightness levels and colors. The LCD2690WUXi has a 92% gamut versus NTSC with 93.4% coverage of the Adobe color triangle and 87.8% coverage of the NTSC color triangle. Also, the extra wide screen supports viewing two actual size pages side-by-side.
“With the latest 26-inch and 24-inch widescreen offerings, NEC maintains its market leadership and innovation in high-end professional displays,” said Todd Fender, Product Line Manager for NEC Display Solutions of America. “The displays raise the bar in these image-critical markets, and deliver the features and improvements these professionals demand.”
Designed for professionals who rely on image excellence, the new NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi and LCD2690WUXi displays feature a 12-bit Look-Up Table (LUT) for unparalleled color breadth and depth and ColorComp for improved color, brightness and grayscale uniformity. The new MultiSync LCD2490WUXi and LCD2690WUXi models include the following features:
- 12-bit internal LUT – Allow very precise adjustments to be made to the display’s Tone Response Curve without reducing the number of displayable colors as well as allowing for non video card calibration.
- AmbiBright – automatically adjusts the display’s backlight, based on the ambient environment lighting to achieve optimal viewing brightness and energy conservation.
- Ambix3® – Triple-input technology allows all 3 inputs: VGA, DVI-D & DVI-I to be connected and switched between on a single display.
- Black Level Adjustment – creates black levels to more closely resemble those of a CRT.
- ColorComp – Digitally compensates individual pixels for slight variations in the white and/ color uniformity level of the display, resulting in greater image accuracy.
- Digital CableComp – allows extended DVI-D cables, of up to 30 meters (or 100 meter analog cables), to be utilized without any image degradation or distortion.
- Multi-Directional Controls – easily accessible horizontal and vertical control buttons for simple on-screen management in either landscape or portrait modes.
- Eco-Mode – Allows users or administrators to dim back light to brightness level pre-sets of 75% or 50% which reduces power consumption and yields longer product life.
- GammaComp – allows for selectable preset or customized gamma curves to be displayed Including the DICOM GSDF curve.
- GammaComp MD Supported – Calibratable to DICOM for medical applications.
- Height Adjustable Stand – extended-range, 150mm height adjustment range allows unprecedented ergonomic flexibility.
- Quick-release stand – for easy mounting on third party arms or wall mounts.
- RoHS & WEEE Compliant – The Professional 90-Series complies with these e-waste standards, ensuring easier, more environmentally friendly product transitions.
- Standard four-year limited warranty.
Each new display is RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully-disposable plastics and minimal amounts of hazardous materials such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB.
The displays are available for February 2007 shipment with estimated street prices of $1,699.99 for the NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi and $1,499.99 for the LCD2490WUXi.
SpectraView models will also be available in February 2007. The units will include a colorimeter and SpectraView II color calibration software.